Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cutting Weight, Healing Leg: Training GIFs

I don't know to say the word of this exciting new image technology--I'm aware of the options, but get confused about how the creator does/does not say what everyone else does-- but ANYWAY: I do know that one of my favorite things Google does is make GIFs of your pics when its robot-brain thinks it should. These ones worked out particularly well. Thanks to TSL for taking the shots.

The techniques are knees (you'll have guessed that) and push-kicks, the latter often in Muay Thai getting called "teeps".


Knees are a savage, close-range thing; it was knees that messed me up hard my last fight.



Teeps are for distance, for keeping and making it; they can be punishing in themselves if you time them right (as your opponent comes in), but they are mostly about positioning, spacing, setup.




At the end of training, when you're training hard although honestly often when you're training kind of normally, too, you'll often do something like what I'm doing here: 100 knees, 200 teeps.

No comments: