Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Simply Summer's Eve

As you may know, yoga studios / gyms / etc. often get samples of products to distribute to members; these samples are often placed in the bathrooms or at the check-in desk. I currently have a LOT of B-12 vitamins in little packets for this reason (tastiness of vitamins: abundant; evidence that these vitamins will do what the packet claims they will: minimal).

I've also, of late, grabbed a bunch of a particular little cleansing wipe that's been stashed into these "Take One!" wicker baskets. They're the kind of thing that you'd expect in this setting: "single-serve" packets in plastic with a coupon attached in case you want to go buy the product.

I've been grabbing one or two every time I go into this particular studio, where I practice a fair amount, so I've got...I dunno. Twenty? I'm not hoarding: this kind of thing is useful! Wipes for your face/mat? Great. They've got a picture of an orange on the front. I like grabbing a couple, ripping open the external plastic baggie (not the one sealing the product) to throw it away and recycle the ancillary materials, stashing them in my gym bag.

Some of you may see where this is headed.

I am home yesterday, working; I am fussing around between Doing Real Things; I decide that a semi-productive way to fuss would be to clean my keyboard and mouse. They need it: they're a bit schmutzy and I look at them often like, "I should clean these."

And now I have just the thing: cheerful "mandarin blossom" "cleansing cloth"es!

I crack open a "cloth" and use it to clean off my mouse and keyboard. It works well -- it's not too wet or astringent and within a few minutes the shiny black plastic of my gaming keyboard and mouse is shiny and black, free of schmutz.

As I'm finishing up I take a look at the marketing copy; these things smell good. Maybe I'll grab some!
"For freshness on the go..."
"Infused with botanical extracts that cater to your most intimate parts..."
"The de-light-fully scented, individually wrapped clothes..."
"Gynecologist tested..."
By the time I got to "For external vaginal use only" I'd grokked the situation. To be clear, the situation was not troubling. If anything, I hope and assume that any "cleansing cloth" meant to go anywhere near anybody's vagina is vastly overqualified to clean off my keyboard and gaming mouse. And, I mean, they did a great job! They smell nice!

Anyway these are the clothes. I will have a Moment before first doing so, but I have no doubt I'll be using them to clean off my face and yoga mat throughout the summer. I have, f'real, a bunch.

smells gr8
not specifically designed for gaming peripherals

No comments: