Friday, April 11, 2014

0-1: Some Pictures

Videos to come, with a breakdown of the fight. The interesting thing about the videos is how different they look, of course, from what it's like to experience it in the ring.

These photographs were all taken by the awesome Conor Friedersdorf; thank you, Conor.

Before the start: the State of California (to my left) and Coach (obscured, in front of me) futzing with my head-gear

Head gear, pretty sure I'm checking out L--- as his is put on


In between Rounds 1 and 2. I remember Coach D--- (behind me) putting the ice on my head: felt good.

Coach is telling me to move around, avoid the punches, throw the knee, more action more action.
Fun fact: see that dude in the lower right of the picture above? He's another fighter. By my and a friend's reckoning, L--- and I were the only fighters on the night who were not tattooed. Although one fighter actually applied his tattoos with permanent marker while stretching in the prep room (not the guy in this pic), meticulously giving himself a kind of Maori arm sleeve that stretched up onto his shoulder.

Into Round 2 (or 3?)


Unwrapping after the fight. I remember this moment. I felt good about the fight. I thought I'd won, but also I just felt good.



Shakin' hands. L--- said to me: "We showed them what a couple of old guys can do." Class act, L---.

No comments: