Saturday, April 26, 2014

0-1: More Pictures, Mostly Fighting

Coach was particular about this: go over the top rope. I'm glad he said it, because otherwise I'd have ducked between the top and the one beneath it.

"Sealing the ring": you walk around, tap the corners one-two-three and genuflect; in between the corners, you run your right hand along the rope. You're getting rid of bad energy/forces. The thing on my head is a mongkol - it's a traditional totem of good fortune, and I think the fighter isn't really supposed to handle it (only his coach is).

YEAH! FIGHTING!



Considering that this -- me getting freaking hit in the freaking face -- happened enough that I lost the fight, I figured I should include a shot of it. Honestly I don't have that money, because all my pictures come from my peoples. 

I like this photo and the one above it because I think it reflects what the fight was actually like: a chaotic, scuffling mess.

This one reflects what I would like the whole fight to have been like. But at least it did happen!



A deep bromance between me and L---, the dude who beat me up.



These 3 kinda tell their story on their own. Dammit.

2 comments:

metempsychosis said...

Jeez dude. You look absurdly ripped. I'm also more scared of you now.

Unknown said...

Damn! that looks like an awesome fight! my god, you are crazy ripped!