Saturday, October 10, 2015

LA, West Side: Life is This, Right Now

This morning, I took a 6am class at a nice local yoga studio that I've mentioned before on this blog. The teacher of this class is a guy whom I like, as a teacher and a dude, the latter in large part because he strikes me as proactive and entrepreneurial about the hard work of marketing yourself as a yoga instructor in LA.

Class was done at 7, which means--this time of year-- that the sun's coming up as you get out. So, I took this picture.

nice, right?




who cares
Then, as I sometimes do, I turned the camera on myself. I like to selfie when I'm in pretty places/settings that make me happy, because it all kind of seems like a gift and who knows when the next gift will come, so I like to remember it. I'll include that shot for completeness' sake.

As I'm doing this, Ryan--the teacher--comes out. Asks if he can take a shot of me taking a selfie, and I sort of know what he's up to: Ryan sends lots of emails promoting his classes (which, again, I respect), and it sounds fun. So I say yes and he's doing all these posing suggestions as I try to recreate my selfie-moment; he sounds like he's giving a yoga class: "lift that arm a bit more," "crook the elbow."

The result is the shot below. which to me feels fun and silly and apotheotic to...I dunno, life, right now. In a waggish tongue-in-cheek way, but also true.

Anyway that's what happened, to me, around 7:10am Pacific.



No comments: