Saturday, August 8, 2015

Progress: Amazing, Incremental, Amazing

Like, two weeks ago? three? I started trying to push up from a headstand into a handstand, in yoga.

I have to put my feet against the wall for this; I'm okay in the headstand no wall, but not really in the handstand.

You've probably guessed the end of this story but I'm TELLING IT ANYWAY. IT'S FAST.

I do yoga most days. Every day at the end of class (when I'm headstandin', mostly) I tried this.

It seemed kind of impossible, at first. Like I'd push push and push and just- seriously, nothing. A slight transference of weight from the crown of my head to my pushing hands.

Then three days ago just vzzzmp: up I went, like nothing.

I wanted to give it a couple days to make sure it was not some crazy fluke. It was not; yesterday I was particularly tired, and the mat was slick with sweat, and my hands were in an awkward position: still did it.

It's really satisfying; it feels strong.

I am actively trying to make this a metaphor for other things in life, because in this case I think basically it totally is.

That's all.

No comments: