Monday, June 12, 2017

HliAT #25: it's the airport so u r sto0p1d Edition

How long it actually Takes to...

sit at the red light in the shuttle from the parking garage, on the way to your flight, about thirty minutes after you wanted to be there, 
thinking "if I could just teleport to the moment when I'm at the front of the security line I'd be fine" because you're stressed about what the security lines will be like; 
then you get through the red light and ask the shuttle driver if you should just walk from terminal 1 to terminal 3 because traffic's so bad 
& he laughs and's like, "I'd say no need" 
and then laughs again like (but not saying) "but don't blame me, friend" 
and you say (out loud) "don't worry I won't blame you" 
and he laughs again;
then you get through terminal traffic 
and to the terminal 
and hop out and everything goes pretty smoothly: 
security isn't that bad 
and here you are at the front of the line, the place you wanted to teleport to this much time ago,
taking off your shoes: 12:18.87

side-note: you arrive at the gate nine minutes before boarding, just as they start making announcements.

No comments: